Our Nashville Personal Injury Lawyer’s Success Stories
Verdicts and Settlements Obtained by Stanley A. Davis
Nashville personal injury lawyer Stanley A. Davis has a proven record of success when it comes to representing victims injured or wronged by negligence. He tries his best to follow Zechariah 7:9, which implores us to “Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.” Some of his notable cases include:
- $1,478,159.90 – The victim was injured when the defendant failed to yield the right of way, causing him to suffer a ruptured disc in his low back. This middle aged man had incurred past medical bills of approximately $30,000.00 but had significant loss earning and permanent impairment which the court valued at $750,000.00. Future medical expenses, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life made up the remainder of the damages. Defendant attempted to argue that all of the victim’s conditions were preexisting from the strenuous manual labor he had done in the past. After a trial on the merits, the victim was granted damages in the amount of $1,478,159.90. The court found that the victim was 20 percent at fault and therefore the total award was reduced to $1,182,527.92. Before the trial, the victim’s insurance carriers offered $100,000.00. Stan prosecuted the claim and obtained this verdict for the victim.
- $1,000,000.00 – Serious closed head injury sustained in a car accident. The settlement included future care for the victim and his wife’s consortium losses. Past medical bills were under $15,000.00 but the client and his family needed to have future care, which the settlement provided. As a brain injury attorney, Stan made sure his clients got their deserved justice.
- $930,583.98 – A worker sustained serious injuries in a catastrophic accident that occurred on a construction site. The injured worker had to pursue workers’ compensation benefits and a tort claim against another contractor working at the construction site. The defendant alleged that the injured worker was responsible for his injuries and/or that his employer was responsible for his injuries. The workers’ compensation carrier and the tortfeasor reached a settlement between the insurance companies worth $930,582.98. The victim also received open medical benefits for life. These construction accident injuries in Nashville resulted in damages that prevented the worker from returning to work as a construction worker. He suffered pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, permanent impairment and lost wages. Stan settled this case between the two carriers for total insurance payments of $930,583.90. This case involved extensive expert testimony and extensive depositions of many witnesses. The preservation of key evidence early in this case by our work injury attorney allowed for this injured worker to recover the compensation he deserved.
- $900,000.00 – A settlement for a tort action involving a wrongful death lawsuit did not require a trial. The victim’s sole heir was compensated for the loss of his father who was killed as a result of the Defendant’s negligence. The father suffered for several weeks in the hospital prior to his death.
- $650,000.00 – Our Nashville injury attorney recovered $650,000.00 for an individual who sustained injuries when the defendant, a tractor trailer driver, caused a car and truck accident by failing to yield the right of way. The driver said that the victim had pre-existing conditions and that the victim caused the crash. The injured party had significant damages that required spinal surgery.
- $500.000.00 – A 19-year-old female pedestrian was walking home from a bus stop in Davidson County, Tennessee, when the defendant caused a car accident that killed her. The defendant’s insurance carrier contested liability, claiming that the pedestrian was not walking in a marked crosswalk and that she had marijuana in her system. After working on this case and completing extensive discovery including witness statements and expert’s review of the crash scene, we were able to resolve this matter for a policy limit settlement of $500,000.00. Stan used his experience as a Nashville personal injury lawyer to successfully prosecute this claim for his client.
- $450,000.00 – An over-the-road truck driver sustained injuries when another tractor trailer truck driver hit his vehicle in a parking lot. The injured victim required a discectomy. The defendant, through their insurance carrier, attempted to diminish damages by (1) claiming they were not at fault, and (2) stating that all of the injured truck driver’s conditions were arthritic and pre-existing. Stan settled this claim for $450,000.00.
- $425,000.00 – A middle-aged man sustained injuries on the premises of a retail store in Tennessee due to the defendant’s negligence. This injured man was diagnosed with a bulging disc in his neck and suffered headaches. The defendant denied premises liability by claiming that the injured man was at fault for his injuries and that the property owners were not aware of any dangerous conditions. The medical bills to treat the injured man’s bulging disc and headaches were under $30,000.00, but he suffered lost income, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and permanent impairment, as well as other complications.
- $425,000.00 – A middle-aged man was rear ended by another driver who was not paying attention. He suffered a closed head injury as well as spinal cord injuries. The injured man continues to suffer from loss of memory, vertigo and headaches. Our car accident attorney settled this case with the client’s consent for $425,000.00.
- $425,000.00 – Car accident settlement for a 70-year-old man hit by a young girl who failed to yield the right of way in Nashville, Tennessee, resulting in an car crash with moderate property damage. The accident aggravated a previous medical condition that required treatment. Even after another surgery, the victim had persistent car accident injury problems. This case was settled before filing a lawsuit.
- $400,000.00 – Car accident settlement for a middle-aged man who suffered soft tissue shoulder and spinal cord injuries in a car accident in Wilson County, Tennessee. Our client had close to $73,000.00 in medical bills. The defendant denied liability and damages. Stan settled this case two weeks before trial with the client’s consent.
- $348,201.00 – Four eastern European immigrants were traveling through Tennessee from Chicago on Interstate 24 for a family visit to Florida. Plaintiffs were rear ended by the defendant driving a fuel tractor trailer rig for his employer. There was a moderate offset impact. All four occupants of the vehicle suffered soft tissue injuries. A 68-year-old occupant suffered a fractured collar bone. The case was tried on July 11, 2013 and the verdict for one passenger was $224,619.00. This included $68,219.00 in past medical expenses. Another elderly passenger received a verdict for $45,383.00 with past medical expenses of $15,383.00. The front seat passenger received a verdict of $35,998.00, which included $8,498.00 in past medical expenses. The driver received a jury verdict of $42,201.00 of which $14,701.00 was for past medicals. The defendant defended on liability and attempted to diminish damages at trial. The verdict resulted in a total award of $348,201.00. Defendants were additionally responsible for discretionary costs, post-judgment interest and court costs approaching $20,000.00. The total amount recovered was almost double what had been offered by the defendant prior to trial. This truck crash verdict was returned after a four-day jury trial in Montgomery County, TN.
- $339,163.00 – A 33-year-old man was traveling on Charlotte Avenue in Nashville, Tennessee, on April 14, 2010. While stopped in traffic, he was rear ended by the defendant. It was a moderate impact, and his vehicle sustained a significant amount of bumper damage. Fault was admitted by Allstate Insurance Company that was defending. Plaintiff treated solely with a chiropractic physician in Nashville, Tennessee, for his injuries. Plaintiff was married and his wife had a loss of consortium claim as a result of this crash. This car accident case was tried in Nashville commencing on January 16, 2013. At the conclusion, the jury returned a total verdict for the plaintiff of $339,163.00 of which $21,882.00 was for his chiropractic medical care. Additional awards were $80,000.00 for future care; $37,280.00 loss of earning capacity; future lost earnings of $30,000.00; $80,000.00 for permanent injury; $10,000.00 for past pain and suffering; $30,000.00 for future pain and suffering; $2,500.00 for past loss of enjoyment of life; and $30,000.00 for future loss of enjoyment of life. The jury also awarded the wife $17,500.00 for her consortium loss. Total verdict equaled $339,163.00. Allstate Insurance Company had originally offered $13,000.00 to settle this case.
- $300,000.00 – A golden retriever bit a 7-year-old boy, causing injuries that required $18,000.00 in medical bills. The family had continuing problems coping with the dog attack. Our dog bite lawyer helped gain a settlement that covered future counseling and treatment.
- $300,000.00 – Recovery for a Murfreesboro truck accident involving a client hit by a tractor trailer. Although property damage was minimal, our client sustained significant soft tissue injuries. The amount of medical damages and liability were hotly contested. We helped the victim successfully prosecute this claim and recover $300,000.00 in a full settlement.
- $292,000.00 – A middle-aged woman was working and traveling in an automobile when she was injured in a Nashville car accident. She suffered spinal cord injuries that required surgery. The defendant attempted to diminish damages by stating that the victim’s conditions were pre-existing and not related to the crash. Stan resolved this matter with both carriers involved in this case.
- $265,000.00 – A husband, wife and their minor child suffered injuries at the hands of an insurance company that acted in bad faith. The injured family pursued a bad faith claim against the insurance company that handled their claim improperly from the beginning. The victims recovered $265,000.00 under the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act. If the victims had resolved their dispute with the insurance companies on their own, they probably would not have received more than $20,000.00. With the help of our Nashville personal injury lawyer, they recovered $265,000.00 by exposing the insurance company’s bad faith practices.
- $250,000.00 – Obtained a car accident verdict for a young man hit by a truck. The insurance company offered $8,000.00 to settle the claim before trial. The injured man had neck and back injuries. However, he did not get treatment until almost one year following the crash and two initial emergency room visits. Both parties argued causation strongly in this case.
- $240,228.00 – Jury verdict obtained for a truck accident that caused soft tissue injuries. The amount was reduced by 27 percent, which accounts for the victim’s comparative fault. The defendant strongly disputed liability and damages.
- $193,500.00 – Jury verdict obtained the settlement for a soft tissue injury sustained in a car accident. This case included close to $20,000.00 in medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and lost wages. The defendant offered to pay the victim $40,000.00 the day before trial.
- $182,260.00 – Jury verdict obtained for soft tissue injury sustained in a car accident. This was reduced by 10 percent which accounts for the victim’s comparative fault. The client had approximately $20,000.00 in medical bills, along with lost wages, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. The defendant disputed liability and damages in this case.
- $170,000.00 – This truck accident occurred when another truck driver hit a parked trucker who was sleeping in his sleeper cab. The trucker incurred injuries that required extensive pain management and physical therapy. The defendant denied liability and argued that the crash was too minor to cause injury. After extensive work on this file, our truck accident attorney settled this claim for $170,000.00.
- $120,000.00 – A woman who was 15 weeks pregnant, with a history of back and neck problems, was involved in a car accident. She had abdominal and spinal pain after the crash. A week of monitoring determined that her unborn child was fine. She underwent chiropractic treatment for her spinal cord injuries for several months following this accident. Complicating this case was the fact that the day before the accident, the victim visited the ER with abdominal and spinal complaints. (Please see the Tennessee Jury Verdict Reporter, April 2007 edition for a more complete and detailed analysis of this case.)
- $95,000.00 – Truck accident settlement in a case where the victim was hit by a truck driver and incurred soft tissue injuries. Medical bills totaled $14,000.00. The driver denied blame, and both parties settled the case. The medical bills covered diagnostic and therapy treatment.
- $24,500.00 – A trial verdict of $24,500.00 for a personal injury claim. Victim was rear ended, causing approximately $1,800.00 property damage to her bumper. She sought treatment at the ER. About two weeks later, she began treatment with a chiropractor for three months. She retained permanent problems with her neck pain and continued taking over-the-counter medications. Past medical bills were $3,938.00. (Please see the Tennessee Jury Verdict Reporter, August 2007 edition for a more detailed version of this trial.)
Our Nashville personal injury lawyer knows how to assist you with your case. The settlements and verdicts obtained by Stanley A. Davis are examples of unique situations. The past results are by no means a guarantee of future successes. Each case is decided on its own merits and is therefore different and special in regards to the settlement that may be received.
If you or someone you know in Nashville or the surrounding areas is in need of legal advice, please contact Stan today at (615) 690-2080. You can also complete the contact form on this page to schedule a free initial consultation. We are committed to helping you find justice!