Have You Suffered an Injury in a Nashville Trucking Accident?
A Tennessee Truck Accident Lawyer Can Fight for Rightful Compensation
Accidents involving large trucks and other commercial vehicles are some of the most consistently devastating in terms of damage and personal injury. This devastation can largely be attributed to the sheer size and weight of these types of vehicles, making these vehicles some of the most dangerous on the road. However, accidents can also largely be attributed to negligence on behalf of the truck driver, the company they work for and even maintenance workers. When truck drivers and companies do not perform their due diligence — either by ensuring that all routine maintenance has been completed and/or practicing safe driving — then they are putting other drivers at risk of catastrophic injury and/or wrongful death. If you have suffered an injury at the hands of an unsafe truck driver or as a result of failed maintenance on a truck, then you potentially have the right to file a personal injury claim against several parties.
Local Tennessee truck accident lawyer, Stanley A. Davis, started his personal injury law firm because he wanted to help people. A devout Christian, he has always believed in putting people first. Since opening his local Brentwood law firm in 1997, that is exactly what he has done. For more than a decade, Stanley has been representing fellow Tennesseans who have been wrongfully injured due to another person’s negligence. He has successfully litigated several personal injury lawsuits, with his clients seeing millions of dollars in restitution as a result. Among his many accolades, Stanley was named one of the most prolific lawyers in the state of Tennessee for eight consecutive years in a row (from 2005-2013) by the Tennessee Jury Verdict Reporter. He knows what it takes to win his clients justice.
What Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
Depending on the circumstances of the trucking accident, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against several parties. The more parties involved — and subsequently, how large the companies involved are — the harder winning your case will be. Larger companies usually have a sizeable retainer of lawyers on hand in the event that they are sued. It is the sole job of these company lawyers to ensure that the company walks away with as little damage done as possible. This means trying to prove their client is not liable and fighting to ensure that the company pays out little to nothing for the defendant’s damages. Luckily, it is the sole job of a defendant’s accident lawyer to ensure that their clients walk away with rightful compensation for their injuries in tow. For this reason alone, it is highly recommended that you seek the legal counsel of a qualified Tennessee truck accident attorney. It is important to have someone like Stanley on your side who understands the law and who has your best interests at heart.
There are other benefits to hiring a truck accident lawyer as well. For one, your rights will be protected to the fullest extent of the law as any experienced truck accident attorney knows the intricate details of both state and federal trucking laws. Further, even if you are partially at fault for the accident, an attorney can still help you receive compensation. This is called “comparative negligence” and it is not recognized by every state. A Tennessee truck accident lawyer can help determine which, if any, specific state rules apply to you and your case.
Who Can be Held Liable in a Trucking Accident?
Another benefit of hiring a truck accident attorney is proving liability in a personal injury lawsuit. As mentioned, the more parties that are involved, the more complicated the legal proceedings will be. Depending on the circumstances of your claim, several parties may be held liable in the event of a trucking accident. The more parties that can be held accountable, the more difficult and tedious the legal proceedings can be.
Typically, the following are the most common parties that can be held liable in a truck accident lawsuit:
- Trucking companies. It is the responsibility of a trucking company to ensure that all trucks being used for business are safe and that all routine maintenance has been performed and completed in a timely manner. If an accident is caused due to the truck itself malfunctioning or otherwise breaking down, then you can likely hold the trucking company responsible in the event that you are injured in the accident.
- Truck drivers. Whether the driver is an independent contractor (meaning not a contractual employee with the trucking company) or not, you can hold them personally responsible for any injuries sustained in a trucking accident caused by their negligence — if they were speeding or fell asleep at the wheel, for example.
- Maintenance workers. If the trucking accident was caused by poor maintenance that was recently performed on the truck, then you can potentially hold the maintenance workers accountable for any injuries suffered in the incident. A Tennessee truck accident lawyer can help determine if faulty maintenance was the reason behind the accident and can retrieve any relevant paperwork pertaining the maintenance performed in order to determine liability.
- Truck and parts manufacturers. Sometimes the accident is not only the fault of either driver or the trucking company, but those responsible for manufacturing the parts on the truck as well. If a defective part is found to be the cause of an accident, then either (or both) the truck or the parts manufacturer of that part can be held liable in a personal injury case.
- Government factions. If the accident was caused by poor road conditions, then it is possible to hold certain government entities liable for any damage done to your car or body. Examples of poor road conditions would be large holes in the road, improper signage and unmarked or poorly marked construction zones.
Proving liability in a truck accident lawsuit is usually easier said than done, especially if larger companies are involved. Additionally, the opposing parties’ insurance company is likely going to try and lowball you as well in an attempt to pay out as little as possible. This amount is usually nowhere near the amount of compensation you are rightfully owed and it usually does not come close to covering the amount that a client ends up owing in medical bills. It is in your best interest to leave negotiations in the hands of an experienced truck accident attorney like Stanley. He will ensure that your rights are protected and that the offer you receive is an appropriate amount that can cover all past, present and future expenses related to your injury.
Have Questions About Your Truck Injury Claim? We can Help
If you have been injured in a trucking accident due to negligence, then you likely feel overwhelmed and unsure where to even begin. It may seem like a daunting task to take on a truck driver, the company they work for and other parties who may be responsible — and it is. However, Stanley has made a career out of going against individuals and companies who have wrongfully injured others. He has the resources, experience and the aptitude to help you seek justice and retribution in the form of rightful compensation no matter the circumstances.
Since opening the doors of his personal injury law firm in 1997, Stanley has won millions of dollars in settlements for his clients while building a significant reputation across the state of Tennessee. Contact our office today to see how he can help you.