Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Nashville Motorcycle Injury Lawyer Discusses Best Legal Options for Riders and Their Families
Motorcyclists involved in crashes often sustain debilitating injuries that can prevent them from living a normal life ever again, such as:
- No longer being able to ride a motorcycle
- Being paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury
- Suffering a radical personality shift, memory loss, emotional instability and ongoing confusion because of a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Losing their independence because they can no longer live without assistance due to physical and/or mental disability
Another very real possibility is that a biker’s motorcycle accident injuries prove to be fatal, leaving their family to suffer, including:
- Figuring out how to move forward after someone they expected to be in their lives for decades to come is suddenly taken from them
- Finding a way to afford a mountain of hospital bills that were incurred before their loved one lost his or her life
- Unexpectedly high funeral expenses
- Struggling to pay living expenses if the fatal motorcycle accident victim was the family’s breadwinner
The Law Office of Stanley A. Davis has been a pillar of the Nashville community for nearly two decades. Nashville personal injury attorney Stan Davis founded his firm to help people in this community and in nearby Franklin, Brentwood and East Tennessee cities suffering because of the negligence of others.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
From 2001 to 2008, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) collected data of over 1.2 million motorcyclists treated for nonfatal motorcycle accident injuries in US emergency rooms during that time. According to the motorcycle accident injury statistics, the head, neck, legs and feet were the most common areas of the body injured in nonfatal motorcycle wrecks.
Overall, common types of injuries motorcyclists suffer in motorcycle accidents include:
- Road rash – This involves motorcycle accidents during which a rider slides across the pavement at some point. As a result of flying across the pavement at high speeds, motorcyclists’ clothes can be torn away, leading to their skin being scraped. Injuries from road rash can include severe skin irritation, nerve damage and infections that require antibiotics to treat.
- Lower body injuries – Injuries to lower extremities, such as the legs, knees and feet, in motorcycle wrecks can include cuts, scrapes, road rash and severely broken bones. In some motorcycle accident cases, these types of injuries can result in permanent disability.
- Muscle injuries – Muscle damage in a motorcycle crash can be permanent, and in some cases, lead to paralysis. In addition, the eardrum is a muscle that if damaged during a motorcycle crash, can lead to deafness.
- Head injuries – This type of injury can involve sustaining a cracked skull, neck injury or concussion, all devastating injuries that can lead to paralysis, a TBI or even death.
- Arm injuries – Injuries to the arms often happen if a biker is thrown off the motorcycle during the accident, as it is human instinct to try to break your fall with your arms. This can result in broken bones, road rash and permanent nerve damage, which is also known as “biker’s arm.”
Nashville Motorcycle Injury Lawyer for Victims and Their Families
To talk to experienced Nashville motorcycle injury lawyer Stan Davis about your situation for free, give us a call or fill out our online contact form. Our attorney will listen to what you and your family are going through, explain your rights and best options as well as answer any questions you have about motorcycle accident laws.
Even if you do not think you will pursue legal options, you should speak with an attorney to make sure you know all the facts before you make a decision after a motorcycle accident in Tennessee. It is free, so what do you have to lose? Do not hesitate. Call now.