Hurt in a Jackknife Accident?
Nashville Truck Accident Lawyer Helping Recover Injury Compensation
The book of Romans tells us that love does no wrong to a neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Stanley A. Davis is a Nashville truck accident lawyer who is determined to hold the trucking company responsible for its moral obligation to compensate the victims of jackknifing accidents. While he treats his clients and their families with complete compassion, but he also works hard to get them the types of compensation they need in truck accident lawsuits to recover from these catastrophic collisions.
What Happens in a Jackknife Truck Crash?
Jackknifing accidents involve the trailer’s cargo trailer folding like a jackknife. These accidents often involve a driver losing control of the truck and the vehicle sliding across several lanes of traffic. Due to the size of these tractor trailers, occupants of passenger vehicles can suffer severe, even fatal injuries. Nashville personal injury attorney Stanley A. Davis helps victims of these crashes recover the compensation they need to recover and move on with their lives.
Our truck accident lawyer can investigate and determine if a jackknifing accident was caused by:
- Driver error, fatigue or intoxication — A jackknife accident could be caused by a truck driver accidentally locking driving axles or braking improperly. Our Nashville truck accident attorney can also determine if a truck driver was operating while under the influence, as well as examine logbooks for possible hours-of-service (HOS) violations, which may indicate a tired or overworked driver.
- Mechanical failure — Some jackknifing accidents may be the results of manufacturing mistakes or design errors, causing inexplicable braking, steering or tire failure.
- Poor truck maintenance — Many instances of mechanical failure can be the result of a trucking company’s failure to properly maintain the tractor trailer. Our Nashville truck accident attorney will use service records to determine if brake or tire failure was the result of overuse.
- Improperly loaded truck — If a cargo load is not distributed evenly in the trailer or too much cargo is added, the weight can cause a truck to tip over and lead to a jackknifing accident.
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions — Truck drivers are under pressure to deliver loads on time, and many accidents are the result of drivers losing control after traveling too fast in poor weather conditions or driving recklessly.
Need Accident Help? Ask a Truck Accident Lawyer for Free Legal Advice
Nashville personal injury attorney Stan Davis is sensitive to the situations of his clients, which is why he always puts their needs first. His clients concentrate on their recovery while our he focuses on delivering substantial verdicts and settlements. If you or a loved one has been injured in a jackknifing accident, contact our Nashville truck accident attorney at the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis today to start getting experienced help in fulfilling the law.