Uber and Lyft Car Accident Insurance Issues
Call a Nashville Uber Accident Lawyer After a Rideshare Accident
The rise of ridesharing applications for smartphones has given thousands of people the opportunity to make money by giving rides. However, the success of ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft has not been without problems. As these ride-sharing apps carve out a place for themselves in our modern economy, the question of who pays when an Uber accident happens is now a leading legal issue.
Since the firm began in 1997, Nashville accident attorney Stanley A. Davis has prided himself on being more than a lawyer to his clients. He is your Nashville neighbor, helping to make the community safer for his family and yours. Ridesharing companies are often more concerned about their bottom lines and reputations than accident victims. Therefore, if you are in an uberX or Lyft accident in Tennessee, these companies may deny or limit your claim. Do not let them. Call our Uber accident attorney in Nashville today.
Nashville personal injury attorney and Civil Trial Specialist Stan Davis knows what to do to hold careless companies and drivers accountable for negligent actions. Get the experienced legal representation you deserve.
Who is Responsible for Damages in a Nashville Lyft Accident or Uber Accident?
If you have ever taken a ride in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, you have probably wondered what would happen if you were to get in a car accident. Would the insurance policy of the driver, company or combination of the two cover your medical expenses? Unfortunately, most personal car insurance policies do not cover passenger injuries if the driver is transporting passengers for a fee.
Most rideshare companies require their drivers in most states to hold $1 million in commercial insurance coverage when transporting customers. This liability coverage may also provide compensation to other drivers and pedestrians involved in Lyft or Uber accidents. However, this commercial liability coverage is limited to Uber drivers who have accepted trip requests or are transporting customers. It does not provide commercial insurance coverage when the driver has no active clients.
Does Uber Have Enough Insurance Coverage for Accidents?
Uber and Lyft drivers waiting for fare may only have their own personal insurance policies to cover injuries or damages in the event of accidents. This personal insurance coverage could be the minimum required by law, which will not provide sufficient compensation for or cover Lyft or Uber accident injuries. As independent contractors, Uber and Lyft drivers are also not classified as employees, making Uber accident liability even less clear. Changes in the laws that regulate how much Nashville accident insurance coverage Uber, Lyft and other rideshare drivers must carry could help protect the rights of those injured in rideshare accidents.
After an Uber or Lyft accident, gaining compensation may depend on the circumstances and laws of your state. If you are thinking about filing an Uber accident lawsuit due to a rideshare crash in or around Nashville, Uber accident lawyer Stan Davis can help. Contact our personal injury law firm today to learn more about Uber accident liability and for help determining if the driver was covered by his or her own personal auto insurance, commercial insurance or supplemental insurance from the company. Our firm can handle the complicated insurance issues while you focus on recovering.
Safety Tips to Avoid a Tennessee Lyft and Uber Accident
The best-case scenario is to avoid a Nashville car accident involving an Uber of Lyft hired driver altogether. Although accidents can happen without warning, you can do a few things to stay as safe as possible when using Uber and Lyft rideshare services:
- Only accept rides from Uber or Lyft drivers who have high ratings from others
- Always wear a seat belt
- Make sure before getting into the vehicle that the vehicle’s lights are working and the vehicle does not seem damaged
- Be courteous to the driver, and try to avoid any unnecessary driving distractions
How Can a Nashville Rideshare Accident Attorney Help You?
Being involved in a rideshare accident can be a daunting experience, often leaving victims grappling with physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial burdens. Seeking compensation for damages incurred in such accidents can be complex, especially when dealing with rideshare companies and insurance providers. Enlisting the services of a seasoned personal injury lawyer can make a significant difference in navigating the legal intricacies and maximizing your chances of a favorable outcome.
- Legal Expertise and Guidance: Rideshare accident lawyers possess in-depth knowledge of relevant laws and regulations governing such incidents. They understand the nuances of liability and insurance coverage unique to rideshare companies, such as Uber and Lyft. By leveraging their expertise, they can provide invaluable guidance tailored to your specific case, ensuring that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: One of the crucial aspects of a successful rideshare accident claim is the collection and preservation of evidence. A skilled rideshare accident attorney will conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the accident, gathering pertinent evidence such as witness statements, accident reports, and surveillance footage. This meticulous approach strengthens your case and enhances the likelihood of securing fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Negotiation and Advocacy: Dealing with insurance companies can be intimidating, as their primary goal is to minimize payouts and protect their bottom line. Personal injury lawyers act as staunch advocates for their clients, skillfully negotiating with insurance adjusters to secure a settlement that reflects the full extent of your damages. In the event that a fair settlement cannot be reached, your lawyer will not hesitate to escalate the matter to litigation and vigorously represent your interests in court.
- Peace of Mind: Navigating the aftermath of a rideshare accident can be overwhelming, particularly when dealing with injuries and financial strain. By enlisting the services of a personal injury lawyer, you can rest assured knowing that a dedicated legal professional is fighting tirelessly on your behalf, allowing you to focus on your recovery with peace of mind.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney if I Get into an Uber Accident?
If you are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, the amount of insurance coverage available to compensate for your personal injuries and losses is not always clear. You should contact a qualified Uber accident attorney in Nashville to discuss the possible legal options you may have to protect your right to gain financial compensation after a car accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle.
Contact the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis today for a free, no obligation Uber injury consultation.
$250,000 Settlement Tractor-Trailer Accident
A middle-aged man was driving in Rutherford County, Tennessee when a tractor-trailer driver entered his lane of traffic. He was forced to take evasive maneuvers and was run off the road causing this automobile/tractor-trailer crash.
$300,000 Recovered Dog Bite
This 25-year-old young woman was a guest at the home of Defendants who owned a Lab/Corgi mix dog. Unknown to Plaintiff, the Defendants had previously admitted that the dog did not like people and they had to muzzle him when he goes out.
$24,500 Verdict Rear-End Collision
Our Nashville personal injury lawyer secured a trial verdict of $24,500.00 for a personal injury claim involving a rear-end collision. The victim was rear-ended, causing approximately $1,800.00 property damage to her bumper.
$650,000 Recovered Tractor-Trailer Accident
Our Nashville personal injury attorney recovered $650,000.00 for an individual who sustained injuries when the defendant, a tractor-trailer driver, caused a car and truck accident by failing to yield the right of way.
$500,000 Settlement Pedestrian Accident
A 19-year-old female pedestrian was walking home from a bus stop in Davidson County, Tennessee when the defendant caused a pedestrian-car accident that killed her.
$1.0 Million Settlement Drunk Driving Accident
A middle-aged female was rear-ended by a drunk driver in an automobile crash on a rural road in Rutherford County, Tennessee, and suffered aggravation of preexisting spinal conditions.