Skip to Content
Obtain the Counsel You Need & Deserve
Construction Work Injuries Answers The Help You Need When You Need It Most

Construction Accident FAQ

Call Our Nashville Work Injury Attorney for Advice After an Accident on the Job

When you sustain an injury at work, you may have to answer a ton of important questions about what needs to happen next: How will you pay for medical expenses? How can you pay bills if you are unable to work? Fortunately, Nashville work injury attorney Stanley A. Davis can work with you to sort through the challenges that make dealing with a construction accident so complex. Our personal injury law firm can provide you with answers to your questions while working hard on your behalf to ensure you gain the financial security you need while recovering from your construction accident injury.

We serve workers hurt on the job located all over Tennessee, from Hendersonville to Murfreesboro as well as all the cities and neighborhoods in between.

The following answers are not official attorney advice, and each situation is different. For free legal advice from a personal injury attorney in Nashville, call the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis today. 

What can I do if I get hurt at my construction job?

If you are in an accident while working at a construction site, you should notify your employer or supervisor in writing about your injury as soon as possible. Do not try to continue working after the injury. This often makes your injury worse. You may want to consider talking to a work injury attorney to find out if you are able to seek legal compensation.

Back to Top

What can I do if I think my workplace is unsafe?

If you have concerns about your safety in the workplace, inform your supervisor of any potential dangers. Then, follow this up in a written note that identifies your concerns. If your employer fails to address these issues, file a complaint at the nearest Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) office. OSHA can then conduct an official inspection of your workplace.

Back to Top

Am I entitled to more than what workers' compensation provides?

Maybe. Some cases may allow you to receive benefits beyond workers compensation. If a third party, such as a contractor, property owner or defective product, caused your injury, you may then be able to file a third party claim to gain injury compensation. If the reckless actions of your employer injured you, you may also be able to file a personal injury claim against your employer.

Back to Top

Who is responsible for making sure a construction site is safe?

Typically, property owners or general contractors must ensure that a construction site is safe. If you are in a construction accident because one of these individuals failed to keep the premises safe, then you may pursue a claim for injury compensation.

Back to Top

Should I talk to an attorney if I was hurt on a construction site?

It is in your best interest to talk with a personal injury lawyer after an injury at a construction site. An attorney can give you specific advice about your situation as well as discuss your ability to file for workers compensation or another type of legal claim.

Back to Top

Talk With a Compassionate and Knowledgeable Nashville Lawyer for an On the Job Injury Today

Nashville work injury attorney Stan Davis believes in the value of helping other people. This includes the golden rule of treating others as he would wants to be treated. After an injury at a construction site in Franklin, Smyrna or in and around Nashville, call the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis today to find out how he may be able to offer assistance.

Attorney Answers Frequently Asked Questions About Tennessee Construction Accidents

Your Success Is Our Success

Real Injuries. Real Recoveries.

  • $250,000 Settlement Tractor-Trailer Accident

    A middle-aged man was driving in Rutherford County, Tennessee when a tractor-trailer driver entered his lane of traffic. He was forced to take evasive maneuvers and was run off the road causing this automobile/tractor-trailer crash.

  • $95,000 Settlement Truck Accident

    Our Nashville personal injury attorney gained a truck accident settlement in a case where the victim was hit by a truck driver and incurred soft tissue injuries. Medical bills totaled $14,000.00.

  • $425,000 Recovered Premises Liability

    A middle-aged man sustained injuries on the premises of a retail store in Tennessee due to the defendant’s negligence. This injured man was diagnosed with a bulging disc in his neck and suffered headaches.

  • $485,000 Settlement Failure to Yield

    This Plaintiff was injured when the Defendant entered her lane of travel and failed to yield the right-of-way. Liability was a swearing contest because the Defendant alleged that the Plaintiff entered his lane of traffic and there were no independent witnesses to this collision

  • $240,228 Verdict Soft-Tissue Injuries

    Our Nashville truck accident lawyer gained a jury verdict for a truck accident that caused soft tissue injuries. The amount was reduced by 27 percent, which accounts for the victim’s comparative fault.

  • $120,000 Verdict Spine Injury

    A woman who was 15 weeks pregnant, with a history of back and neck problems, was involved in a car accident. She had abdominal and spinal pain after the crash. A week of monitoring determined that her unborn child was fine.

Obtain the Help You Need When You Need It Most

Work With Our Dedicated & Experienced Attorneys Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
  • "Stanley Davis is an excellent attorney."
    Attorney Davis came through for me at a very difficult time in my life. I am truly grateful for him and his staff and would highly recommend his services. Even when my case was settled, the professional and friendly relationship didn’t end.
    Madelene G.
  • "I highly recommend and would not trust anyone else!"
    I recommend anyone to this firm as they treat you like a human being and not a number. I was clueless about the law in these situations... They took care of me more than I even imagined.
    Christina R.
  • "Highly Recommend"
    Mr Davis helped me on my case. He and his staff were very friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend Davis Law Firm to work your personal injury case for you!
    Nashwa N.
  • "I highly recommend this company."
    Stan and his team were great! When I had my accident I got caught up with solicitors, they did a great job getting me out. Stan handled my case with care and got me the max with my settlement.
    Breasia S.
  • "The Absolute Best Attorney in Nashville"
    Stan and his team have a "never give up" attitude and always put your best interest above their bottom line. This isn't your typical law firm. They're just good, honest people fighting to make sure you get what you deserve from your case.
    Geoff H.
  • "Stan Davis and his staff are beyond amazing!"
    The time and effort they put into my case blew my mind. Any questions, concerns, reservations, or fears I had they laid them to rest as well as provided me with reassurance.
    Nikki R.
  • "Look no further, Stanley A Davis and his team are here for YOU!"
    Stan and his team treated me like family. The communication, respect, and care for their clients here are incomparable.  I wasn’t just a number here. I was their client, their friend. They are top-notch.
    Zoraida P.
  • "The firm offers a phenomenal experience and staff."
    Circumstances regarding personal injury are unpleasant and uncomfortable. Contacting the firm granted expertise and reassurance. If I ever had to use a personal injury lawyer again, I would call the Law Office of Stan Davis.
    Jolene D.