The holidays are finally here and while the COVID-19 pandemic will likely impact your plans this year, there are still many people traveling this holiday season. The period of time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve is generally one of the busiest and deadliest travel times during the year. The U.S. Department of Transportation reported that 91 percent of long-distance holiday travel is by car.
If you and your family or friends are planning to travel during this time, you should learn more about what is likely to cause holiday car accidents and how you can prepare for your trip.
5 REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON
- Road congestion. There are generally more vehicles on the road during the holiday season due to road trips, holiday shopping and work or school events. Naturally, with more cars on the road, there is an increased chance of getting into a collision.
- Drunk driving. Drinking and driving are common during this time of year, especially with many motorists going to or returning from holiday parties. Drunk drivers can drive erratically and have delayed responses while driving in traffic, which leads to drunk driving accidents.
- Stress. This time period is also extremely stressful for everyday Americans while they are traveling to buy gifts, decorations, food and other holiday necessities. An increase in stress and fatigue can lead to negligent driving and more car accidents on Tennessee roads.
- Weather. This season coincides with winter weather, which can lead to cooler days and nights. Watch for sleet, ice or snow. Inclement weather plays a large role in traffic accidents, and it can even add to the stress and road rage drivers might already be experiencing.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Drivers might also be slacking on routine maintenance on their cars because they are saving up for other holiday purchases, or they just do not have enough time.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A HOLIDAY CAR ACCIDENT
At the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis, Stanley A. Davis aggressively represents our clients throughout each phase of the legal process. He understands how important it is to build a strong case for the compensation you need. It is important for you to know that the steps you take immediately after a holiday car accident can also significantly help your case. Following an accident you should:
- Call emergency services
- Do not admit fault
- File a police report
- Contact your insurer
- Keep a record of medical expenses
- Contact an experienced attorney
For a free printable accident guide or to learn more about what to do after a car accident, visit our resource page.
If you have been in a holiday car accident, you could possibly recover compensation for your injuries if the other driver was proven to be negligent. Contact the team at the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis to discuss your situation. We are confident that we can help you understand your best legal options. Our 5-star reviews, client testimonials, verdicts and settlements speak for our proven record of success.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CAR ACCIDENT CASE
When you work with the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis, there are no fees unless we win your car accident case. Attorney Stanley A. Davis makes it his mission to hold negligent parties accountable. He has decades of experience fighting for car accident victims across Nashville and the surrounding areas.
Schedule a free consultation today. Call or text our law firm at (615) 866-3938 or contact us online.