It is not uncommon for manufacturers and retailers to sell defective and dangerous products that can lead to serious injuries or even death. When manufacturers become aware of a dangerous product, they will often issue a product recall to inform owners of potential dangers. Here is a list of some recent safety recalls that you should be aware of:
- Polaris General has issued a recall of around 20,000 side-by-side recreational off-highway vehicles due to defects that can cause the steering wheel shaft to fail. When this happens, drivers can lose control and crash the vehicle, leading to potentially catastrophic injuries or even death.
- If you or a loved one have recently had a baby, be careful when selecting nursery equipment. PlanToys, a baby product manufacturer, recently issued a recall of hundreds of baby gyms that present a strangulation hazard due to ropes on the product. These gyms were sold nationwide and on websites like Target.com.
- A best-selling eyebrow makeup product called Gimme Brow has been recalled due to potential eye irritation from some batches.
- The Braun Infant Wiggle Ball, a popular toy also known as a Giggle Ball, could present a choking hazard to young children. This is due to rubber knobs on the sides of the ball that can fall off.
- If you plan on purchasing a dresser from IKEA, make sure it is not under recall. In the past few years, several children have been injured or killed when unsafe IKEA dressers tips over, pinning the children underneath.
If you have suffered injury as the result of defective or recalled product, our product liability attorneys can help you obtain the recovery you deserve.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”