Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident?
Nashville Truck and Car Accident Attorney Fighting for Injury Victims
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of serious personal injuries and wrongful death in the country. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 90 people in the U.S. die in fatal crashes every day and thousands more sustain injuries. However, nearly all of these accidents and injuries are preventable. Therefore, if you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident such as a truck or car crash, motorcycle accident or pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills and other expenses.
Nashville truck and car accident attorney Stanley A. Davis understands the difficulties faced by victims of motor vehicle accident injuries. He helps clients hurt in motorcycle, car and semi truck accidents recover successful verdicts and settlements, as well as regain hope for the future. Stanley has secured numerous verdicts and settlements for clients hurt in collisions involving cars and motorcycles as well as commercial trucks and 18-wheelers. In one such case, Stan obtained a verdict of $1 million for the victim of a drunk driving accident.
What are the Most Common Motorcycle, Truck and Car Accident Injuries?
All Tennessee motor vehicle accidents can potentially cause serious, life-changing injuries to those involved. Even a “minor” car crash like a fender bender can result in months or years of pain from car accident injuries. Additionally, all car and truck accidents are different, so any number of different injuries may result, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Serious lacerations and soft tissue damage
- Severe burns
- Spinal cord injuries, which may result in permanent partial or total paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Permanent scarring
- Amputation, either during the accident or as a result of extensive injury
- Wrongful death
In most cases, you should be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other damages from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. However, it can be difficult to get a fair settlement from a car insurance claim without the help of a truck or car accident lawyer. Insurance companies are private businesses, which means they are most concerned with making a profit. As a result, the insurance adjuster may try to deny your claim or even shift the blame to you.
For most people, handling the stress and pain of serious car accident injuries is difficult enough without worrying about complicated insurance negotiations. However, a Nashville truck and car accident attorney like Stanley Davis can take that pressure off you. He can investigate the accident, gather evidence and speak with the insurance company on your behalf, even while you are still recovering. With his help, you can ensure that you get a fair insurance settlement or just verdict in a personal injury lawsuit.
How Can I Reduce My Risk of Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
Most motor vehicle accidents result from driver negligence, although vehicle defects also contribute to many car and truck crashes. Therefore, it is not always possible to avoid a crash. However, you can take certain steps to reduce your risk of sustaining serious motorcycle, truck and car accident injuries, including:
- Always wear a seatbelt. The CDC reports that over 9,000 fatal motor vehicle accidents involved people who were not wearing seatbelts. Furthermore, Tennessee law requires all drivers and front seat passengers, as well as children under 18, to wear seatbelts or use car seats.
- Motorcyclists should always wear helmets. Motorcycle accidents often result in far more serious injuries than regular car and truck crashes. However, bikers can reduce their risk of traumatic brain injury in motorcycle accidents by wearing helmets and other protective gear.
- Always obey all traffic laws and signs. Motorcyclists and drivers should always take care to observe traffic laws, such as right-of-way rules. Additionally, observing traffic signals and signs, including temporary construction signs, is important for the safety of everyone on the road.
- Follow the speed limit. Speeding is a contributing factor in nearly 30 percent of all fatal motor vehicle accidents. However, following the speed limit and maintaining a safe traveling distance between cars can allow you to stop quickly and prevent many crashes in emergency situations.
- Do not text and drive. Distracted driving has caused an increasing number of motor vehicle accidents and deaths over the past decades. Many states, including Tennessee, have laws banning texting while driving for this reason.
- Do not drink and drive. Impaired driving causes or contributes to nearly 10,000 fatal accidents every year.
Hurt in a Crash? Ask a Nashville Truck and Car Accident Lawyer About Your Rights
No matter what kind of crash caused your injuries, Nashville personal injury attorney Stan Davis offers a free consultation to discuss the details of your motor vehicle accident claim. If someone else’s negligence caused the motorcycle accident, car crash or trucking accident, you may have grounds to seek compensation. With a lawyer’s help, you may be able to recover the cost of your medical bills, property damage and other expenses through an insurance claim and/or personal injury lawsuit.
If you and your family are suffering as a result of an accident, contact our Nashville personal injury law firm to see what legal options attorney Stan Davis can offer you.