Nashville Vehicle Accident Attorney
Discuss Your Legal Options With Our 5-Star Rated Nashville Auto Accident Lawyer
- Have you been seriously injured in a car or truck accident?
- Do not rely on insurance companies to help you recover the compensation you deserve. The insurance company does not have your best interests in mind.
- You deserve fair compensation for your injuries, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Our Nashville auto accident lawyer Stanley A. Davis works hard to ensure the best outcome for our clients. It is why our firm has more than 200 online reviews and a 5-star rating. To discuss your legal options with our attorney, contact our firm for a free consultation.
No Fee Unless We Win Your Case
When you work with the Law Office of Stanley A. Davis, you do not pay anything out of pocket unless we win your auto accident case. We make it that simple. Contact our law firm to discuss your legal options with our team.
Vehicle Accidents: Overview
Attorney Stan Davis has decades of experience helping his Nashville neighbors get justice.
In fact, the Tennessee Jury Verdict Reporter routinely names Stan as one of the state’s most prolific trial lawyers, a title awarded annually. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a vehicle accident due to another person or entity’s negligence, our firm may be able to help you seek the compensation you need.
Below, we discuss the most common types of vehicle accidents we have helped our clients recover compensation for in the past. We also discuss what to do after an auto accident in Tennessee.
Most Common Types of Vehicle Accidents
Our personal injury law firm has years of experience handling vehicle accident claims for clients in the Nashville area. Some of the most common types of vehicle accidents we handle include:
Motorcycle accidents involving cars or trucks are often more serious and potentially fatal for the motorcyclist. The same is true for pedestrian and bicycle accidents. However, truck accidents and car accidents account for nearly 75 percent of all traffic fatalities in Tennessee each year. Due to the size and weight of these vehicles, an accident can result in serious injuries, including:
Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Underride or override accidents involving semi trucks
- T-bone or jackknife accidents
- Wide turn accidents involving large trucks
- Brake and tire failure
- Lack of truck maintenance
- Overloaded and overweight trucks, including unsecured truck loads
- Tire blowouts
Additionally, our law firm is unique in that we have the experience and knowledge necessary to uphold the legal rights of Tennessee taxi cab drivers hurt in accidents while on the job. Nashville auto accident lawyer, Stan Davis, has also been part of the ongoing conversation about Lyft and Uber accident insurance law for rideshare passengers.
What Not to Do After a Car or Truck Accident
If you are involved in any kind of auto crash in Tennessee, it is equally important that you know what not to do as well as what you should do after an accident. Avoiding these missteps will help you later when you file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- Do not leave the scene. If you or anyone else needs emergency medical attention, that must take first priority. However, unless you leave in an ambulance or go directly to the hospital, you are required to stay at the scene of the accident to exchange insurance information and wait for the police.
- Do not apologize for the crash. It may be a habit to apologize for something even if you are not responsible. However, the insurance company could use your apology after a wreck as an admittance of fault, regardless of the actual cause of the damage.
- Do not forget to gather all the necessary documentation. The shock and stress of a crash can cause drivers, motorcyclists and pedestrians to neglectfully document the accident. Nevertheless, you need to know as much about the other person, their insurance policy and their vehicle as possible.
- Do not overlook calling the police. Some people avoid calling the police for a number of reasons. This could be a bad idea, as the at-fault driver’s insurance could be false or otherwise invalid. Additionally, a police report may be necessary if you need to show proof of an accident.
- Do not avoid immediate medical treatment. Never assume that you are 100 percent okay after car wrecks, truck crashes or pedestrian accidents. To be safe, get a checkup so you can receive treatment before any injuries that are not visible get worse. It is also critical to continue treatment as recommended by your doctor and keep a detailed account of your medical paperwork. This will help your attorney move your case forward.
Need Help After an Accident? Contact Our Nashville Auto Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Attorney Stan A. Davis has represented victims of many kinds of vehicle accidents. He always conducts his accident investigations with integrity, compassion and respect. If you need an attorney to help you determine your best legal options after an auto accident, schedule a free consultation.
Authored By Stan A. Davis