After a Vehicle Accident, Talk to Our Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Helping clients throughout the Nashville area, including Franklin & Murfreesoboro
Driver negligence puts everyone else on the road at risk, including other drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians. However, if you are hurt in any kind of car accident or truck accident in Tennessee, keep these things in mind:
- You deserve compensation for your injuries, lost wages and pain and suffering.
- You do not have to take the first offer from an insurance company or settle with it.
- The insurance company does not have your best interests in mind.
- Nashville car accident lawyer Stanley A. Davis offers a free consultation to discuss your case.
Below, we discuss the most common types of vehicle accidents, as well as what NOT to do after an accident. This is based on personal injury attorney Stan Davis’s decades of experience in helping his Nashville neighbors get justice. In fact, the Tennessee Jury Verdict Reporter routinely names Stan as one of the state’s most prolific trial lawyers, a title awarded annually. In one case, he obtained a verdict of nearly $1.5 million for the victim of a failure to yield accident. If you need his assistance, please call him at (615) 690-2080 as he offers a free consultation to discuss your case.
What are the Most Common Types of Vehicle Accidents?
Some of the most common types of vehicle accidents include:
Motorcycle accidents involving cars or trucks are often more serious and potentially fatal for the biker. The same is true for pedestrian and bicycle accidents. However, truck accidents and car accidents account for nearly 75 percent of all traffic fatalities in Tennessee each year. Due to the size and weight of these vehicles, the result of any accident can be serious injuries, including traumatic spine and brain injuries, or even wrongful death. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Underride or override accidents involving semi truck accidents
- T-bone or jackknife accidents
- Wide turn accidents involving large trucks
- Brake and Tire Failure
- Lack of Truck Maintenance
- Overloaded and Overweight Trucks, including Unsecured Truck Loads
- Tire Blowouts
- Additionally, our personal injury law firm is unique in that we have the experience and knowledge necessary to uphold the legal rights of Tennessee taxi cab drivers hurt in accidents while on the job. Nashville car accident lawyer Stan Davis has also been a part of the ongoing conversation about Lyft and Uber accident insurance law for rideshare passengers.
What Not to Do After a Car or Truck Accident
If you are involved in any kind of crash in Tennessee, it is equally important that you know what not to do as well as what you should do after an accident. Avoiding these missteps will help you later, when you file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- Do not leave the scene. If you or anyone else needs emergency medical attention, that must take first priority. However, unless you leave in an ambulance or to go directly to the hospital, you are required to stay at the scene of the accident to exchange insurance information and wait for the police.
- Do not apologize for the crash. It may be habit to apologize for something even if you are not responsible. However, the insurance company could use your apology after a wreck as an admittance of fault, regardless of the actual cause of the damage.
- Do not forget to gather all the necessary documentation. The shock and stress of a crash can cause drivers, motorcyclists and pedestrians to neglect fully documenting the accident. Nevertheless, you need to know as much about the other person, their insurance policy and their vehicle as possible.
- Do not overlook calling the police. Some people avoid calling the cops for any number of reasons. This could be a bad idea, as the at-fault driver’s insurance could be false or otherwise invalid. Additionally, a police report may be necessary if you need to show proof of an accident.
- Do not avoid immediate medical treatment. Never assume that you are 100 percent okay after car wrecks, truck crashes or pedestrian accidents. To be safe, get a checkup so you can receive treatment before any injuries that are not visible get worse.
Need help After an Accident? Contact our Nashville Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Nashville car accident lawyer Stan Davis has represented victims of many kinds of vehicle accidents. He always conducts his car accident investigations with integrity, compassion and respect. Stan can make sure negligent parties take responsibility for their actions and can also ensure that your insurance company compensates you for your injuries and losses. Even if the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured, you may still be able to get compensation to cover your medical bills and expenses.
Contact our law firm online, or call our Nashville office to schedule a free consultation with Stan Davis today.