What Do I Do After a Truck Accident?
Nashville Personal Injury Attorney Available to Help You Get Back on Your Feet
Large industries want to protect their drivers and the reputation of their transportation business, so individuals should seek proper representation in these cases. Let an experienced legal representative help you. Nashville truck accident attorney Stanley A. Davis can speak with you and explain the steps to take after a truck accident—no matter what the circumstance.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident in Nashville?
Immediately after a truck accident, most people are not in a position to do anything but get medical treatment. The severity of truck accident injuries usually makes staying at the scene and collecting evidence impossible. Therefore, if you or a loved one has been in a truck wreck in Tennessee, you should first concentrate on your health. Then, when you are able, you should:
- Contact a Nashville trucking accident attorney. A lawyer can take immediate action to gather any evidence from the scene. Additionally, an attorney can take steps to prevent the trucking company from withholding or destroying evidence in their possession.
- Keep records of your injuries and medical treatment. Take photographs of your injuries and keep detailed notes about you the medication and treatments you receive. You may also want to keep a journal detailing the pain and impairments you experience.
- Do NOT speak to the insurance company. In most cases, the trucking company’s insurer will reach out to you soon after an accident. However, you should not give a statement or speak to any representative for the trucking company until you consult with a lawyer.
What Do I Need for a Successful Trucking Accident Claim?
Most truck crashes result from inattention by the trucking company or the truck driver. In both of these cases, you should be able to file a claim for your injuries and damages with the trucking company’s main insurance provider. However, after an accident, representatives from the trucking or insurance company could attempt to settle with victims out of court. This allows them to avoid taking responsibility, often for less than the damages are truly worth. Sometimes, the insurance adjuster may even try to shift blame to you or another party.
Therefore, if a truck driver or trucking company’s negligence caused your accident, it is important to have an attorney who can assist you in the process. Determining fault after a truck accident can produce a healthy settlement offer. For a strong case, certain pieces of evidence may prove essential, including:
- The truck driver’s log book.
- Eyewitness statements.
- The truck’s “black box,”
- Additionally, any information regarding the previous violations of trucking laws by the company or driver is useful.
The only way to fight big trucking companies and their insurance providers is by using physical evidence that supports your truck accident claim. However, the task of gathering evidence can be overlooked, but is the most important piece of evidence in your claim. This is especially true when you are dealing with severe injuries, or your family is grieving the loss of a loved due to a deadly trucking crash. Therefore, you should contact a Nashville truck accident attorney who can take on the burden of collecting this evidence for you.
Truck Crash Injuries? Contact A Nashville Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Help is available if you or a family member was hurt in a collision involving a large truck. In fact, Stanley Davis has assisted many others facing similar challenges like what you are facing now. Our law firm has a history of success with these kinds of cases throughout Tennessee, and we can use that experience to bring about a positive outcome to your truck accident claim.
Truck accident lawyer Stanley Davis has helped many clients receive compensation above and beyond the initial offers from these companies. He can handle the entire legal process for you, so you and your loved ones can focus on what is truly important: beginning to heal.
Talk to a Nashville truck accident lawyer today by calling to schedule a professional, personal evaluation of your case.